Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finally, I can Talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday's "speech fast," if you will, was probably one of the most difficult challenges that I have faced in a while. You really do never realize how blessed you are to be able to talk, and share the same type of communication as your friends use. Without speaking, drawing pictures and acting was very difficult for me, especially because I have no artistic ability with a writing utensil whatsoever, and because I'm not a very good actor either. To be honest, I really didn't participate in my classes at all because I had no idea how to depict or act out the answers to questions without using words. It was by no means easy. In Yearbook, I had to ask Miss Carson a question about my spread and  I sat in front of her making weird gestures, because I didn't have my whiteboard handy, and she would try and guess what I was saying, and she finally got it after about 2 minutes of acting out. This proves Postman's point about how communication is the medium between humans. Without speaking in words that most people understand, there would be no unity between us. No one would be able to get their point across to someone as great as they would be able to if they could speak.

4 comments:

  1. Dave hit the nail on the head. Without speech, nothing would be clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without speech "no one would be able to get their poin across to someone". I agree with this as I've learned that speech is a much better method of communication than illustrating or acting out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! It was great watching you act out your ideas to Miss Carosn, although I did have the same problem. It was in deed a hard day to get through, and everything is better with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you mention that this assignment was no where along the means of easy, I could not agree more. This task was rather tough to endure. Achieving your main points of discussion through illustrations and charades must have been difficult, that is for you at least. I affirm you for your silence. Ten points for Gryffindor!

    ReplyDelete